Red Pepper & Cauliflower Soup
The last night I was in Mexico we decided to eat up everything that was left in the fridge, and my friend Ros came up with this wonderful soup. It can be eaten hot or cold. I watched her make it so these are approximate measurements.
- 4 cups cauliflower – chopped
- 1/2 cup roasted red peppers – jarred
- 1/2 cup ripe avocado
- herb salt and lime juice to taste
- Steam the cauliflower until tender.
- Blend it up with the other ingredients until smooth and creamy.
- Add hot water to get it to the right consistency.
- Taste and adjust seasonings with the herb salt and lime juice.
- Eat immediately while warm or chill for later.
The cauliflower provides all the healing properties of the brassica family; you get the healthy fats from avocado, the sweet earthiness and colorful antioxidants of the roasted peppers, and the alkalinizing tartness of lime. It all adds up to the sensual pleasures of truly healthy food.