These treats are the perfect balance of decadent and healthy. Rich in nutrients and chocolate with a fudgy texture to delight all of your senses….
Most brownie recipes are full of processed sugar, dubious oils, and white flour with gluten.
This recipes uses high quality nutrient rich ingredients that will keep your blood sugar stable while you enjoy the stress reducing properties of high quality chocolate.
The almond flour to use here should be blanched. If it says “almond meal” or “raw” don’t use it for this recipe.
The dates you use should be fairly soft, but not completely mushy. If you use date pieces, you may have to blend them up with the banana and coconut oil first to soften them up.
1 ½ cups almond flour
1 tsp baking powder
¼ tsp salt
6 oz baking chocolate – Callebaut, or Giradelli are great
½ cup pitted dates
1/2 cup coconut oil
1/2 cup banana – packed
1 T vanilla extract
- heat the oven to 350F and oil an 8×8 inch baking dish
- place the dry ingredients in a food processor and pulse until the flour and the chocolate are incorporated but grainy
- add the pitted dates and process until chopped very fine
- add the coconut oil, vanilla, and bananas and process until a thick smooth batter is formed
- spread the batter evenly in the baking dish, and bake for 30-40 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean
- let cool in the pan, then refrigerate before cutting