Coconut oil applied topically after a hot shower does wonders for relieving stress and calming and supporting your nervous system.
It is easy to be so busy “getting things done” that we get out of touch with our innate sensuality as women, and we need, need, need sensual experience just as much as nourishing food and downtime to feel good in our bodies and brains.
Taking small moments to enjoy your body and revel in sensual experience increases your pleasure in life and the joy you experience each day.
It is also key to managing stress!
Using coconut oil is just one of many tips I share in this blog that teach you how to manage stress and increase your resilience by engaging your parasympathetic nervous system – your rest and relax response!
This is just the opposite of your go-go-go, do-do-do, or fight or flight response.
Inside and Out
––> Coconut oil can be used in cooking to help with thyroid, metabolism, brian health, and hormonal balance
––> When used externally it nourishes your skin and the naturally occurring healthy microorganisms while preventing unhealthy microorganisms, bacteria, and even viruses from taking root.
––> Applying coconut oil to your skin teaches you how to indulge in and enjoy sensual pleasure for the sake of pleasure.
- After you have taken a hot shower or bath, and while you are still wet, take a spoon of coconut oil in the palm of your hand, and melt it over your whole body. Take. Your. Time.
- When you apply the oil while wet you won’t feel greasy afterwards.
- Simply pat dry. Your skin will feel luscious and you will feel sensuous and calm.
- Keep in mind that coconut oil will be solid in cooler climates, and liquid in warmer ones
- Use extra virgin coconut oil for a wonderful perfumey coconut smell
- Use organic refined coconut oil if you don’t like the coconut smell