Desperately trying to keep up with the overflow of summer squash and cucumbers? This super quick, delicious creamy soup is a great way to use it up! Double the recipe and share with your neighbors!
Serves 4 with no left overs.
- 2 cups zucchini – with the peel – diced
- 2 cups cucumber – with the peel – diced
- 1 cup avocado
- 1.5 cups chilled stock or filtered water
- 2 T olive oil
- 1.5 T lemon juice
- 1 tsp herb salt or to taste
- toasted seeds – sunflower, pumkin, sesame…
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- chopped dill, tarragon, celery leaves or other fresh herbs
- Put everything except the pepper and herbs in a blender and blend on high until creamy and smooth.
- Add more stock or water as needed to get the right consistency.
- Taste and adjust seasonings to suit you.
- Can be chilled for a few hours or served immediately with toasted seeds, freshly ground black pepper, and fresh herbs sprinkled on top.