One Bowl Meal: Arugula-Quinoa-Tempeh Bacon
This one-bowl-meal uses three nutrient rich foods to make a light but filling meal. Combined with the fabulous Grapefruit Chia Dressing, it’s a beatiful to look at and even more beautiful to eat.
I like to have a few staples in the fridge so at least one meal a day I can toss together in a few minutes.
- 1 package Tempeh Bacon – pre-crisped in a pan, just waiting to be added to a soup or salad – this is my favorite form of fermented soy. If it doesn’t work for you try toasted nuts or seeds, or left-over broiled fish.
- a pot quinoa – precooked the day before for adding to soups and salads
- some pre-washed arugula or other green makes it so easy to make a salad
- homemade Grapefruit Chia Dressing, or use extra virgin olive oil, sea salt, and vinegar or lemon
- red cabbage – quick to slice as needed to salads for color and nutrients. I try to keep at least one deeply vibrant vegetable on hand at all times to add to salads – like red or yellow peppers, watermelon radishes, beets, and carrots.
In a big salad bowl place this quantity for each person:
2 handfuls of arugula
3 strips of tempeh
1/2 cup cooked quinoa
small handful of thinly sliced red cabbage
dressing to taste
*toss lightly, taste, add more dressing as needed, and eat!
By my estimates a small salad has about 18 grams of protein in it! And everything is this dish is low cal and nutrient rich, hormone balancing and taste bud tingling.